FREE Newsletter
Enter your details to receive our Quarterly Newsletter and Weekly Client Alerts
Free Services
Express Enquiry
    All fields are required

Disputes over Swimming Pools


Under the Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2008, swimming pools are not to be used between 8pm to 7am on weekdays and Saturdays, and 8pm to 8am on Sundays and public holidays. If this is a nuisance to you can complain to your Local council and/or the Police. Noise nuisance can also depend on who your neighbours are – some levels of noise may be completely acceptable to you but not to your neighbour.

If the Noise Nuisance of your neighbour’s pool is a constant recurrence, we can help you take the following formal complaints:

  • A formal complaint with your Local Council which may result in the issuing of a notice to the person making the noise, the notice would require the person to control the noise. 
  • Seek a noise abatement order on the grounds that you are affected by offensive noise. 
  • Contact your local police.


If your pool or your neighbour’s pool burst and it causes damage to your property, you may have the right to start legal action for compensation. However, it will all depend on the circumstance, which is why it is highly important to seek legal advice.


If you need more information or assistance with dealing with a neighbourhood dispute over a swimming pool. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.