FREE Newsletter
Enter your details to receive our Quarterly Newsletter and Weekly Client Alerts
Free Services
Express Enquiry
    All fields are required

Disputes with Council


If you are having trouble with your local council we can help you negotiate with them. Your Local Council will often be the first or second port of call when in a dispute with your neighbour, and if you are unable to negotiate with them or they are not responding we may be able to help. It is important to speak to your local council or we can speak to them on your behalf, especially if there are problems regarding development proposals, various zoning issues, all animal complaints, various swimming pool rules, noise complaints, etc.

If your Local Council does not resolve your problem you should consider some of the following agencies:

  • NSW Ombudsman: it is concerned with the conduct of council employees, enforcement matters, and the administrative behaviour of the council. 
  • Independent Commission Against Corruption. 
  • Department of Local Government – Investigations and Review Branch: this agency is concerned with the overall functioning of the council. 
  • Department of Local Government – Companion Animals Unit. 
  • Department of Local Government – Finance Management Branch: it deals with rating, charges, fees and pensioner concessions on rates. 


If you need more information or assistance with dealing with a problem with local council.Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.